Gourmet burgers are all the rage, and this one earns five stars. Enjoy sweet and spicy flavors grilled to perfection and served on a toasted Hawaiian sweet roll – all for just 35 grams of carb per burger.
Prep 20min | Cook 25min | Ready In 45min
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup canned crushed pineapple (juice pack), drained
- 6 slices lower-sodium, less-fat bacon, crisp-cooked and coarsely crumbled
- 1 pound lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 6 Hawaiian sweet rolls, such as King’s brand, split and toasted
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- In a large bowl combine the first three ingredients (through bacon). Add ground beef; mix lightly to combine. (Do not overmix.) Form into six 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Grease grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium-high heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until done (160 degrees F),* turning once. Spread top of each burger with 1 tablespoon of the barbecue sauce.
- Serve burgers in rolls with lettuce, tomatoes, and onion.